Your DNA determines a lot more than the color of your eyes and hair. From a DNA test, you can discover how your genetics may influence your weight, sleep quality, and more. With a saliva sample, you can learn about your genetic health risks, carrier status, traits, and ancestry—and factor that information into your lifestyle choices.
All U.S. employees may order no-cost test kits through the 23 and Me Health + Ancestry Service.
This service is offered as part of the Live Well Program, which reflects Lam’s commitment to a culture of well-being that empowers you to lead a healthy lifestyle.
What You Need to Know
- The 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service is available at no cost to all U.S. employees and interns.
- You may order a free test kit to be sent to your home.
- You’ll receive your reports through your password-protected account at 23andMe.
- In addition to your reports, you’ll have access to tutorials and other online resources from 23andMe.
- Additional reports will be made available as discoveries are made, and as 23andMe is authorized to report the information to consumers.
- You can choose whether to view Genetic Health Risk and Carrier Status reports.
- If you’d like, you may opt in to participate in research using your DNA and other information you provide.
- Lam has no access to your genetic information and receives no individual or aggregated information from 23andMe.
- 23andMe is solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of its services and products.
- There is a limit of two no-cost 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service kits per employee. You may order one for yourself and one for your spouse or another dependent.
You have until March 31, 2021, to order a free test kit.
What You Need to Do
If you want to take advantage of this optional benefit:
- Visit the 23andMe page on The Point to access the unique Lam employee link to 23andMe. To qualify for the free service, you must access 23andMe from the Lam network.
- To qualify for the free service, create a 23andMe account using your Lam email address. (You can change your email later, if you want.)
- Order your free test kit to be sent to your home.
- Send your saliva sample to 23andMe in the prepaid package.
- Review your personalized reports and educational materials online.
- Talk with your doctor before making lifestyle changes.