If you’re racking up child or elder care expenses, the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) helps you stretch your dependent care dollars.
Request FSA Reimbursements From CYC
ConnectYourCare is now the administrator for your Lam FSA. Submit all requests for reimbursement to CYC.
What You Need to Know
With a Dependent Care FSA, you save by making pretax paycheck contributions to a tax-free FSA. This reduces your taxable income, so you pay no income taxes on FSA expenses. On top of that, Lam matches 15% of your contributions, which means you have even more to spend on eligible adult and child care services.
- Note the contribution limit. In 2020, you can contribute up to $5,000 a year if you’re single or married and filing a joint tax return, or $2,500 if you’re married and filing separate tax returns.
- Deposits are automatic. Contributions are deducted on a pretax basis from your paycheck and deposited automatically into your FSA.
- Use for a range of expenses. Your Dependent Care FSA covers a variety of eligible dependent care expenses, including preschool, summer day camp, before- or after-school programs, or child or adult day care, while you work.
- Plan carefully. You must incur eligible expenses between January 1 and December 31. You’ll forfeit any funds remaining in your account if you haven’t used them by December 31.
- Don’t miss the reimbursement deadline. You have until March 31 of the following year (or up to 90 days from your termination date, whichever is earlier) to submit eligible expenses for reimbursement.
A Dependent Care FSA is for day care expenses, not the medical expenses of your dependents.
What You Need to Do
- Elect your FSA contribution during Open Enrollment. You must make an election every year, because your contribution amount does not roll over from year to year.
- Set up your Dependent Care FSA account using the CYC website or the myCYC app. You can use either to manage your account and submit claims and receipts.
- Choose to be reimbursed for payments you make to your care providers, or choose to pay providers directly from your FSA.
- Incur eligible expenses from January 1 through December 31, and claim reimbursements by March 31 of the following year.
- Save all your receipts; you may be asked to provide copies to confirm your expenses.