We have your back when you need help taking care of your loved ones. Lam employees receive a free Care.com premium membership, subsidized emergency backup care for children and adults, specialized help with senior care needs, and discounts on products and services.
What you need to know
To find a provider, visit lam.care.com or call 855-781-1303 and identify the type of caregiver you’re looking for. Care through Care.com’s provider network for adult or child backup care is subsidized by Lam. You get up to 20 days care per year and pay only:
- $6 per hour for in-home care
- $25 per child per day for in-center care
Backup care for children
Your kids get sick. Or you can’t be there. Or maybe it’s summer vacation. Your emergency backup care benefit can help you find the right care when you need it, like when:
- School or day care is closed
- Your child or regular babysitter is sick
- You have to work late or on weekends
- Your nanny goes on vacation
Choose the emergency backup care that works best for you:
- Care in your home for children from birth to 17 years, 24/7
- In-center care for children from six weeks to 12 years, Monday–Friday during center hours
Note: While in-home caregivers can often be located within two hours, more advance notice increases the chances of a successful match. For in-center care, please allow 48 hours’ notice.
How it works
- Log in at lam.care.com or call 866-814-1638 and select the backup care option to make your emergency backup care request.
- The Care.com team will quickly identify a caregiver or child care center that meets your specific needs.
For in-home care, a specialist will contact you about your caregiver, who will later call you directly to confirm details.
For in-center care, the specialist will confirm your reservation in an email that includes details about the center.
- You’re eligible to use up to 20 days each year for child or adult care combined, at these subsidized rates:
- For in-home child care, your credit card will be charged $6 per hour. If you cancel after the reservation, you’ll be charged $30.
- For in-center care, your credit card will be charged $25 per child per day. If you cancel within 24 hours of the date of care, you’ll be charged $25, and that day will count toward the 20 days of subsidized care you receive each year.
- If a caregiver in the Care.com network is not available, you can use any daycare center or babysitter. Log in to lam.care.com to request reimbursement within 30 days of using your own caregiver. You can be reimbursed up to $125 per day for any amount above the copay amounts of $6 per hour or $25 per day listed above.
Care.com’s rigorous screening process for care providers for backup caregivers includes interviews, reference checks, Social Security verification, and criminal background checks.
- All candidates are required to complete orientation and a health and safety training.
- Centers hire caregivers who are also trained in child development, early childhood education, or a related field.
What to expect
Backup caregivers come prepared to make sure your children are safe and happy and to keep your home in the same condition in which you left it. They are not expected to do laundry, errands, or housecleaning.
Backup care for adults
Balancing work and family can be challenging, especially when you are caring for a parent or other adult family member who lives with you. Fortunately, emergency adult backup care from Care.com is available when your regular adult or elder care provider is unavailable.
A backup caregiver can help with needs such as:
- Providing a ride to a doctor’s appointment
- Assisting during recovery from surgery
- Companion care for your adult child
Note: Specialized support is available for adults with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Your emergency backup care benefit can provide care to an adult family member who is your dependent, including:
- Your spouse or domestic partner
- Your parents and the parents of your spouse or domestic partner
- Grandparents, aunts, and uncles
- Your adult children
How it works
- Log in at lam.care.com or call 866-814-1638 and select the backup care option to make your backup care request.
- Once Care.com identifies a caregiver to meet your specific needs, a specialist will call to tell you about your caregiver.
- After reserving the backup care, the caregiver will call you to confirm the details.
- Your credit card will be charged $6 per hour for in-home adult care. You’re eligible to use up to 20 days each year for child or adult care combined at this subsidized rate.
- For in-home care, if you cancel after reserving, your credit card will be charged $30; if the caregiver is already on the way, you will be charged $60.
- If a caregiver in the Care.com network is not available, you can use any caregiver. Log in to lam.care.com to request reimbursement within 30 days of using your own caregiver. You can be reimbursed up to $125 per day for any amount above the copay of $6 per hour.
While Care.com can’t guarantee a network agency in all locations throughout the country, they make every effort to meet the needs of your adult dependents, wherever they live.
Care.com’s adult care network agencies maintain a rigorous screening process for care providers. Depending on the type of care you request, providers may be certified nurse’s aides, home health aides, or experienced elder care companions. All providers have:
- Adult care experience
- Excellent references
- A clean criminal records check
- Social Security verification
Care.com care specialists provide 1:1 coaching and advice to help you with your care challenges. Depending on your situation, you’ll be connected to a teacher, nanny, autism specialist, social worker, gerontologist, paralegal, or relocation professional who can assess your needs, help you understand care options, and identify, prescreen, and qualify potential providers.
Make a request at lam.care.com, through the app, or by calling 866-814-1638.
Save with LifeMart
As part of your Care.com membership, you can save on hotel stays, car rentals, movie and theme park tickets, home and auto purchases, restaurants, groceries, and more through LifeMart.