Planning to adopt? Lam will reimburse you up to $7,000 per minor child for adoption-related expenses.
Need to enroll your newest family member in benefits?
What You Need to Know
If you're legally adopting a child, you are eligible for reimbursement of adoption expenses up to a maximum of $7,000 per child. You can submit one adoption reimbursement request per finalized adoption.
- Reasonable and customary public or private adoption agency fees, such as legal and court fees and child expenses when the child temporarily lives at another location before being placed in your home
- Medical expenses and expenses for biological parents (e.g., medical, living, counseling, transportation to doctor appointments)
What's Not Covered?
- Voluntary donations or contributions to an adoption agency that are unrelated to the agency fees for the adoption
- Costs to obtain guardianship or custody of a child that are not associated with the legal adoption of the child
What You Need to Do
Submit your reimbursement request after the adoption is final—or while the adoption is in progress if the expenses are more than $7,000 or they represent your total adoption expenses. Email the completed form to the Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved expenses are reimbursed after the adoption is final.
More to Think About
Adding a new member to your family can mean lots of changes. Here’s how your benefits can support you.
- Need some bonding time? Consider taking a leave of absence.
- Seeking trusted child care? Learn how Care.com can help.
- Adding child care expenses to your budget? Look into the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA). If you’re already enrolled—and you haven’t met the annual maximum—you can increase your contribution by visiting the PlanSource website or calling the Benefits Help Desk at 877-291-9494.
- Similarly, if you have a Health Care FSA and want to increase your annual election to cover any additional medical expenses you pay out of pocket, visit the PlanSource website or call the Benefits Help Desk at 877-291-9494.
- Adjusting to new family dynamics can be hard on everyone. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is there to help you and your dependents at no cost.