Life can be stressful. Even challenging at times. When you or your family need a little extra support, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help.
Need Help Now?
The EAP provides free, confidential professional counseling and resources that support mental health, including face-to-face, online, and telephone counseling sessions. Onsite trainings to help build resiliency and other skills are also offered periodically.
What You Need to Know
- The EAP is available at no cost to you and your dependents.
- Services include assistance and counseling for marital and family problems, substance use, financial and credit concerns, legal issues and questions, emotional problems, stress, child care, elder care, interpersonal conflicts, and situational life problems.
- You can have up to seven online or face-to-face counseling sessions—and unlimited telephone sessions—for each issue you need help with.
Visit the EAP website to find a counselor near you and to access other tools and resources, including a smoking cessation planner and a health and wellness calculator. For the best experience, register on the site. You also may browse as a guest using access code: LamUS.
Connect From Anywhere, Anytime
With Talkspace, you can connect with a licensed therapist anytime on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to discuss common mental health issues, including:
- Substance abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Compulsive disorders
You don’t need to make an appointment, and there’s no cost to you or your family members (13 and older).
To get started:
- Call Optum at 866-248-4096 to get an authorization code.
- Select a provider at talkspace.com/connect.
- Connect with a therapist online or via the mobile app.
Read the FAQs for more information.
Experts lead topical sessions/presentations at each location. Visit The Point to find information about the workshops at your location.