If your commute includes public transportation or paying for parking, Lam’s commuter benefits can help you save on eligible commuting costs. The amount you designate is withdrawn from your paycheck before taxes are deducted, thereby reducing your taxable income.
CYC Has Replaced WageWorks
ConnectYourCare (CYC) is the new administrator for your commuter benefits. You will need to place your January commuter order with CYC no later than 8:59 p.m. PT December 10.
What You Need to Know
- Qualified public transit includes train, light rail, bus, ferry, or vanpool. Eligible parking includes parking you pay for at work or where you access public transit.
- Lam will automatically contribute an additional amount, up to 50% of your public transit and/or parking cost, up to $120 per month.
- In 2020, you may contribute up to $150 for transit and up to $150 for parking to reach the IRS pretax maximum of $270 per month for each benefit (which includes Lam's $120 contribution).
- You may contribute more after tax if necessary to make a larger transit or parking purchase.
- Orders must be placed by 8:59 p.m. PT on the 10th of the month for the next month’s benefit, so be sure to plan ahead.
- You may place a recurring monthly order with CYC.
- As applicable, you may use a transit smart card (e.g., Clipper) or a rechargeable CYC debit card to pay for eligible commuting costs.
What You Need to Do
- If this is your first commuter order with CYC, register for the commuter benefits portal within the CYC site.
- Visit connectyourcare.com/lamresearch, and click LOG IN / SIGN UP.
- Select New User Registration at the bottom of the login page.
- Do not enter any information on the New User Registration page; instead, click Access Commuter Benefits just above the “I’m not a robot” verification box.
- Enter the requested information on the Access Commuter Benefits page, and click Submit Information.
- Select Let’s get started from your personal account page.
- Place your transit order from the commuter portal.