As a Lam employee, you’re no stranger to hard work. But it’s just as important that you find time to unplug. Lam provides the following opportunities for U.S. employees who work 20 or more hours per week to relax and recharge or take care of personal business.
Holidays and Shutdown Periods
Lam provides a number of paid holidays each year. In addition, depending on the needs of the business, the company may schedule unpaid shutdown periods during the year.
View the 2021 U.S. Holiday and Shutdown Calendar [PDF], 2021 Silfex Holiday and Shutdown Calendar [PDF], 2022 U.S. Holiday and Shutdown Calendar [PDF], or 2022 Silfex Holiday and Shutdown Calendar [PDF] .
Paid Time Off
- For salaried employees, PTO hours are used for planned days off from work that are approved in advance by your manager.
- For hourly nonexempt employees, PTO is for any time away from work (excluding extended illness and holidays observed by Lam Research).
Your PTO accrual is based on the length of your service at Lam and incorporates the requirements of paid sick leave benefits as mandated by applicable state laws. The following table shows PTO accruals by pay period.
Active Full-Time Employee PTO Accrual1
The maximum PTO accrual is 260 hours, as shown in the following table. When you reach 260 hours of accrued vacation, you will not earn additional PTO until your PTO balance is again below 260 hours.
|Your Months of Service||PTO Hours You Earn Each Pay Period2||Maximum Accrual Balance|
|0 through 48 months||4.615 hours||260 hours|
|49 through 119 months||6.154 hours||260 hours|
|120 through 179 months||7.692 hours||260 hours|
|180+ months||9.231 hours||260 hours|
1 Employees working between 20 and 32 hours per week accrue at two-thirds of the rates listed above.
2 Accrual does not apply to employees at the director level and above.
Take Your Time
It’s important to take time away from work to rest or take care of things that matter to you. Don’t wait until you’ve maxed out your PTO balance before you schedule a break.
Other Time Off
Exempt employees are not required to use PTO for sick leave and should not report partial days off. You must initiate a medical leave if you are out for more than seven consecutive calendar days.
Nonexempt hourly employees are required to record all time off and to draw down their PTO balance for sick leave. Your PTO accrual incorporates the requirements of paid sick leave benefits as mandated by applicable state laws. You must initiate a medical leave if you are out for more than seven consecutive calendar days.
Silfex employees receive 40 hours of sick/family time each calendar year.
If state law provides greater or different sick leave benefits, Lam will comply with all requirements. States with applicable paid-sick-leave laws include California, Massachusetts, and Oregon.
Lam provides paid time off following the death of a family member or close friend. Alternatively, the time off can be taken to be with that person before they pass away.
You can take up to two consecutive weeks or 80 work hours of paid time off for the death of an immediate family member: spouse, domestic partner, child, domestic partner’s child, stepchild, foster child, parent, stepparent, parent-in-law, sibling, stepsibling, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, grandparent, or grandchild.
For other family members or a close family friend, you can take up to one week or 40 work hours of paid time off. A close family friend is a person important to you with whom you have a strong connection, such as someone who has spent significant time with you or provided support to you and your family.
With supervisor approval, you may take up to one day off with pay to attend the funeral of a person not listed above.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for up to four weeks of pay per year while on jury duty, paid at your regular pay rate and scheduled hours. In states with greater jury duty pay requirements, Lam will comply with applicable laws. You may keep any jury duty pay the court provides.
It is not Lam’s intent to have employees committed to both jury duty and work when the combination of the two will exceed a normal 40-hour week or create a seven-day work week, except in periods of critical need. If you work a swing or graveyard schedule, you will generally not be required to work your scheduled shift if you have jury duty during the day. You should phone your supervisor when excused from jury duty to determine when you should report to work.
School and Day Care Activity
Lam employees may take off up to 40 hours during each school year to participate in your child’s school programs.
Silfex employees receive 40 hours of sick/family time each calendar year, which may be used to participate in your child’s school programs.
Lam encourages employees to vote in official elections. As needed, you may take time off at the beginning or end of your work shift to have sufficient time to vote.
Paid time off may be provided when an earthquake, storm, fire, flood, civil unrest, or similar situation occurs at the company’s facilities and requires closure of a Lam building.
What You Need to Know
- You may use PTO to receive pay during an unpaid company shutdown.
- You may request an advance of unearned PTO, up to 80 hours.
- Your current PTO balance is listed on your paycheck. View your paycheck in the Payroll WorkCenter portal.
- Consistent with the intent that PTO should be used to allow employees to take time away from work, Lam does not allow you to cash out your accrued PTO, except in cases of severe personal hardship (i.e., an unforeseeable emergency beyond your control when other financial resources have been exhausted).
Silfex Employee Time Off
There are a few differences for Silfex employees. Here’s what you need to know:
- PTO is the same as described on this page.
- Holidays are listed on the 2021 Silfex Holiday and Shutdown Calendar [PDF]. Silfex employees are also eligible for up to three undesignated flexible holidays.
- Sick time: Silfex employees receive 40 hours of sick/family time each calendar year.
What You Need to Do
- For planned time away, notify your supervisor as far in advance as possible to assist in work planning for your team.
- For unplanned absences, notify your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Record your PTO time in your timekeeping system (Kronos or SAP CATS) when you use it.
- While it is not required, you are encouraged to use your PTO to relax and recharge or take care of personal or family business. When you reach the maximum PTO accrual, you will not earn additional PTO until your PTO balance is again below the maximum.