From buying a home to creating a will or trust, nothing beats having your own lawyer to help. When you’re enrolled in ARAG’s prepaid UltimateAdvisor legal insurance plan, you have immediate access to a network of attorneys, and there’s no fee for most common legal matters.
- You can enroll only as a new employee, during annual Open Enrollment, or if you experience a qualifying life event.
- You and your family pay no additional fees for more than 100 covered legal matters when you work with attorneys who are part of ARAG’s nationwide network.
- ARAG network attorneys can help you with everything from minor traffic offenses or disputes with neighbors to weightier issues, including bankruptcy, drafting a will, buying or selling a home, and managing rental property.
- Elder law services are available to you—and your parents and grandparents.
What you get
- In-office services: Access to more than 13,000 attorneys who can advise and represent you
- Telephone advice: Phone calls with network attorneys for unlimited legal advice to help you prepare documents, letters, or a will
- Online resources: Tools and useful information to learn more about legal issues on your own, including DIY Docs to help you create any of 350+ state-specific, legally valid documents online
- Tax services: One-on-one consultation with an experienced professional tax specialist for expert tax advice and related services, including help with IRS audits or collection
- Caregiving services: Elder law specialists who provide support for caregivers, including legal, logistical, and financial issues related to providing elder care; annual legal checkups for parents and grandparents; legal hotline for questions about estate planning, Social Security benefits, Medicare, and other issues and a dedicated website to help you find caregiving resources and facilities
New for 2022
Beginning January 1, 2022, the plan will cover:
- Services for your parents and grandparents: wills and powers of attorney, and document preparation and review
- Reproductive legal matters: surrogacy agreements, pre- and post-birth
- Up to 30 hours of contested divorce support